3M’s Scotchprint Wrap Film Series 1000 Named “Coolest New Product” at ISA International Sign Expo 2011
Alexandria, VA – May 3, 2011 —
Scotchprint wrap film series 1080, a new vehicle wrap from 3M, was named “Coolest New Product” at ISA International Sign Expo 2011. The wrap film was selected from more than a dozen new products.
The New Product Showcase, which features items introduced for the sign industry over the past year, is one of the highlights of the annual International Sign Expo. In all, some 19,000 sign industry professionals attended the event, which recently ended in Las Vegas.
The New Product Showcase allows manufacturers three minutes to pitch their products to attendees, who then vote on the “Coolest New Product” while there. 3M’s product was hailed as a pressure-activated adhesive that allows the film to be repositioned as needed. Its 60-inch width allowed almost any section of vehicle to be wrapped without seams.
“The showcase introduces exciting new products to the sign industry each year,” said Lori Anderson, ISA president and CEO. “This year showed a range of innovations that can and will have a positive impact on all facets of our industry.”
In addition to 3M, attendees saw demonstrations of:
- 3DPhotoWorks’ three-step process to transform a two-dimensional photo into a three-dimensional display that can be sculpted and then printed upon;
- Anderson DPC’s new Ajet printer, a hybrid UV printer that prints on flexible and rigid material;
- Colex Imaging Inc.’s new digital flatbed cutter, with a triple tool head and i-Cut features;
- Griplock System’s cable suspension system that is adjusted by hand;
- id Signsystems’ new, European-styled product line;
- Neschen Seal’s entry level laminator, the 54EL;
- Orbus Exhibit & Display Group’s new products, which include a vector frame wall bracket and bamboo banner stand;
- Permlight for Signs’ new Capella line of LEDS;
- RTape Corporation’s EZ Erase film, a printable film that is repositionable;
- Sloan LED’s V180 low-profile LED lighting system;
- T-LED System’s high-output fluorescent lamp replacement; and
- USHIO America’s fiber-optic LED system.
The New Product Showcase is a key component of the ISA International Sign Expo, the on-premise sign industry’s leading event. ISA International Sign Expo 2012 is scheduled for March 21-24 in Orlando, Fla.