Image Microsystems Named "Coolest Green Product" at ISA International Sign Expo 2011 Alexandria, VA - May 17, 2011
Image Microsystems' process for converting eWaste into a material for traffic signs was named the "Coolest Green Product" at ISA International Sign Expo.
Image Microsystems, which recycles computer parts and cartridges, created a plastic sign substrate material called Microstrate. The product was hailed for its low cost and durability.
The Green Product Showcase allows manufacturers three minutes to present their products to attendees focusing on the sustainability aspects of the product, who then vote on the Coolest Green Product as part of the sign industry's leading trade show. In all, some 19,000 sign professionals attended the just-completed event in Las Vegas.
"At our Green Product Showcase each year, we see new products that can make a positive impact on our industry and the environment," said Lori Anderson, ISA president and CEO. "All of the products that were entered in this category show tremendous potential in both regards."
In addition to Image Microsystems, attendees saw presentations that included:
- Converd's EnviroScape Mural product, which is made of 10 percent post-consumer waste and water-activated adhesive;
- Hyperion Displays high-powered outdoor LED lighting system;
- Matthews Paint's MAP Ultra Low VOC paint, which boasts improved durability and expanded coverage capabilities;
- Permlight for Signs' OmniStar product, which was designed specifically for high efficiency applications; and
- RTape Corporation's ChalkTalk, a specialty chalkboard film that includes no toxic chemicals or heavy metals.
The Green Product Showcase takes place at the ISA International Sign Expo, the on-premise sign industry's leading event. ISA International Sign Expo 2012 is scheduled for March 21-24 in Orlando, Fla.